Skip to main content

Easy, Healthy Lemon Pickle Recipe With Lime Peel

lemon pickle recipe
Lemon peel pickle? No, I am not kidding. I have been following this trick ever since I tried it the first time and it was a big hit.


How many of you use the lemon peel after squeezing lemon juice? I used to throw away the peel as trash unless I researched that every single part of the lemon fruit is beneficial for health.
So why throw the peel? I made lemon achaar with that. It is no less tangier n tastier than the normal lemon pickle.





lemon peel pickle
So do not throw the lemon skin from now onward after squeezing juice from it!! Just dry the lemon peel for a couple of hours, add sugar, salt, and cumin seeds and store in a bottle. Keep it in sunlight for a few days and the pickle is ready!!
I have two jars ready already.

Since you're adding salt, sugar & cumin seeds as taste enhancers, they will supply the needed juices to the pickle. Lemon peel is scientifically proven as beneficial to health. Never ever throw it, even if it may taste bitter sometimes.  

Recipe
Lemon peel (I make lemondae with 1 lemon daily and dry it for a couple of hours and then throw it in the jar, adding little salt)
Salt
Sugar
Black salt
Asafetida 
cumin seeds

Tip: Add salt, cumin seeds to the peels after drying. After a few days, add sugar, black salt, and asafetida. Adding sugar later will ensure that the pickle ripens quickly.

Tip 2: Add 4-5 pieces of your old lemon pickle to the new pickle and your pickle will get ready in a few days. :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Fermented Rice Healthy? How Do You Ferment Rice [Odisha's Pakhala Bhaat Recipe]

 What is the meaning Pakhala bhaat? Is Pakhala good for health? Is fermented rice healthy?  Or in other words, does curd rice have b12? These are some of the questions that have been asked every now and then. So in this video from the Odia cuisine, I present to you Odisha special Pakhala - the ancient Odia tradition of fermenting rice. Now coming back to making Pakhala at home. I dedicate this video to my mother-in-law, who has taught me some simple ways to ferment rice with and without curd.  The idea is to cook rice in water, primarily you will need to boil rice in a lot of water. Drain off excess water and let the rice come to room temperature. Then mix it with curd, salt, and water and store in an earthen clay pot. Since we want to ferment rice, the idea is to leave it overnight at room temperature - ideally in a cool location, which is not too hot.  By next morning, the rice should have fermented - teeming with colonies of healthy bacteria. If you use brown rice...

Is Tandoori roti good for health [NO, it Isn't But I eat soft oil-free wheat tandoori chapatis daily]

Tandoori roti is delicious and quite addictive too, but is it good for your health?Is there something called tandoori roti health risk? Yes and no.  Yes, if you order it outside.  What is tandoori roti made up of? The reason these Indian flatbreads have earned a bad reputation is that they are made with maida or refined flour, which is only empty calories. Then they use dalda or hydrogenated fat to make the roti soft. remember, tandoori roti is an addiction and I am addicted to it but one made at home with wholesome ingredients.  How to make tandoori roti at home At home, making quick tandoori roti on tawa is a breeze!   so here's how I do it to avoid all the health risks associated with restaurant tandoori roti. we can easily make soft atta tandoori roti on tawa too. yes, tandoor cooking is good but maida isn't.  start by adding water to a bowl. throw in methi powder and flaxmeal. You can skip both if you want. but I suggest adding the two ingredients in y...

Soaking turns pumpkin seeds water green | Is it SAFE?

 Pumpkin seeds cause water to develop a green tint mainly because they contain chlorophyll, the natural pigment that gives plants their green color. This phenomenon occurs through several interconnected processes that involve the seed's cellular structure and pigment composition. Raw pumpkin seeds, particularly the hulled green varieties commonly known as pepitas, contain significant amounts of chlorophyll. This is the same compound responsible for photosynthesis in plants and creates the distinctive green appearance in leaves, stems, and other plant tissues. The chlorophyll concentration in pumpkin seeds is naturally high since these seeds develop within the green interior of the pumpkin. When pumpkin seeds are soaked in water, their cellular walls begin to soften and break down gradually. This process allows water molecules to penetrate the seed structure and extract various compounds, including pigments. Although chlorophyll isn't completely water-soluble in its pure chemica...