Skip to main content

Mix Vegetable Parantha

mix vegetable parantha for breakfast
Paranthas are a quintessential breakfast in north India, especially Punjab and Delhi.

Being a Punjabi, I have a fondness for paranthas, though I try to make low-calorie paranthas, using least amount of oil, instead of clarified butter. Anyway, I add oats and ragi flour to wheat flour to knead my daily dough for rotis and paranthas.

This time I added finely chopped carrot, capsicum, peas, ginger and sprouts to the dough and made mix veg paranthas. These Indian flat bread rotis are healthier form of paranthas and taste great. I enjoyed these with sweet amla chutney.

Ingredients
wheat flour - 1 cup
ragi flour - 1/4 cup
Oatmeal (powder)- 1/4 cup
salt,
oil
Ginger grated
carom seeds (ajwain)
Chopped Vegetables of your choice (carrot, capsicum, peas, cauliflower, methi)

Procedure

  1. Mix everything and make a semi-soft dough.
  2. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
  3. Roll out into chapatis or paranthas.
  4. Fry using little oil/ghee on either side or both sides. I usually apply oil only on one side.
  5. Enjoy with pickle or curd or even ginger tea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Fermented Rice Healthy? How Do You Ferment Rice [Odisha's Pakhala Bhaat Recipe]

 What is the meaning Pakhala bhaat? Is Pakhala good for health? Is fermented rice healthy?  Or in other words, does curd rice have b12? These are some of the questions that have been asked every now and then. So in this video from the Odia cuisine, I present to you Odisha special Pakhala - the ancient Odia tradition of fermenting rice. Now coming back to making Pakhala at home. I dedicate this video to my mother-in-law, who has taught me some simple ways to ferment rice with and without curd.  The idea is to cook rice in water, primarily you will need to boil rice in a lot of water. Drain off excess water and let the rice come to room temperature. Then mix it with curd, salt, and water and store in an earthen clay pot. Since we want to ferment rice, the idea is to leave it overnight at room temperature - ideally in a cool location, which is not too hot.  By next morning, the rice should have fermented - teeming with colonies of healthy bacteria. If you use brown rice...

Is Tandoori roti good for health [NO, it Isn't But I eat soft oil-free wheat tandoori chapatis daily]

Tandoori roti is delicious and quite addictive too, but is it good for your health?Is there something called tandoori roti health risk? Yes and no.  Yes, if you order it outside.  What is tandoori roti made up of? The reason these Indian flatbreads have earned a bad reputation is that they are made with maida or refined flour, which is only empty calories. Then they use dalda or hydrogenated fat to make the roti soft. remember, tandoori roti is an addiction and I am addicted to it but one made at home with wholesome ingredients.  How to make tandoori roti at home At home, making quick tandoori roti on tawa is a breeze!   so here's how I do it to avoid all the health risks associated with restaurant tandoori roti. we can easily make soft atta tandoori roti on tawa too. yes, tandoor cooking is good but maida isn't.  start by adding water to a bowl. throw in methi powder and flaxmeal. You can skip both if you want. but I suggest adding the two ingredients in y...

Soaking turns pumpkin seeds water green | Is it SAFE?

 Pumpkin seeds cause water to develop a green tint mainly because they contain chlorophyll, the natural pigment that gives plants their green color. This phenomenon occurs through several interconnected processes that involve the seed's cellular structure and pigment composition. Raw pumpkin seeds, particularly the hulled green varieties commonly known as pepitas, contain significant amounts of chlorophyll. This is the same compound responsible for photosynthesis in plants and creates the distinctive green appearance in leaves, stems, and other plant tissues. The chlorophyll concentration in pumpkin seeds is naturally high since these seeds develop within the green interior of the pumpkin. When pumpkin seeds are soaked in water, their cellular walls begin to soften and break down gradually. This process allows water molecules to penetrate the seed structure and extract various compounds, including pigments. Although chlorophyll isn't completely water-soluble in its pure chemica...