Skip to main content

2-Ingredient Nana Ice Cream; Banana-Almond Butter Scoop


banana ice cream



I love ice cream but try to avoid buying it outside, for the fear of adding calories. Who does not love creamy, butter ice cream? No one, I am sure.

I try to make it at home, with minimal sugar and cream.

Now I am presenting to you ice cream in a new avatar :)

This scoop uses just 2 ingredients - almond butter and chilled banana!

Now let's go to the recipe.
Before making this super quick ice cream, we will need to make almond butter.

banana ice cream

feedback on 2-ingredient nana ice cream
Let's make almond butter first.
Ingredients

Almonds- 18-20
Oil- 1/4 tsp (or I added a few drops)
Cinnamon powder, elaichi (green cardamom) - you may increase the types of spices as per your choice


Procedure

  • It's super easy to churn out almond butter. Since I was making it for the first time, I took just a few almonds. You may increase the amount of almonds, as per the desired amount.
  • Dry roast almonds for a few minutes. Keep stirring so that you do not end up burning them too much.
  • Next let them cool down.
  • Then take a grinder and grind roasted almonds along with cinnamon and elaichi.
  • Once almonds are powdered, add oil and give it more churns in the grinder.
  • Be patient enough to keep grinding the stuff, as this will take a few minutes.
  • Keep churning until you get a greased almond butter :) That's it!!
  • I tasted it at this moment, and it was yum!! Control the temptation to taste it; else, you will be left with no almond butter.

Now let's make banana-almond butter scoop/ice cream. For that, you will need chilled bananas. Since I was making a small amount, I took just one banana.
banana almond butter ice cream
banana kulfi


Ingredients
1 ripe banana
1 tbsp almond butter (add more to increase the buttery/creamy taste)
Honey as per your taste...I added just a couple of drops

Procedure

  1. Slice banana into small pieces. Keep them in zip lock bags in a freezer. I kept the banana as a whole. But better to peel off the skin, cut into pieces and then freeze. You will get a better texture for your ice cream.
  2. Run the chilled banana pieces into the food processor. 
  3. When you get the creamy texture, add almond butter & honey and run the grinder again until you get the silky smooth texture.
  4. Garnish with almond flakes. Chill if you want.
  5. I kept it in freezer for 3-4 hours.
  6. Enjoy healthiest banana ice cream.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Fermented Rice Healthy? How Do You Ferment Rice [Odisha's Pakhala Bhaat Recipe]

 What is the meaning Pakhala bhaat? Is Pakhala good for health? Is fermented rice healthy?  Or in other words, does curd rice have b12? These are some of the questions that have been asked every now and then. So in this video from the Odia cuisine, I present to you Odisha special Pakhala - the ancient Odia tradition of fermenting rice. Now coming back to making Pakhala at home. I dedicate this video to my mother-in-law, who has taught me some simple ways to ferment rice with and without curd.  The idea is to cook rice in water, primarily you will need to boil rice in a lot of water. Drain off excess water and let the rice come to room temperature. Then mix it with curd, salt, and water and store in an earthen clay pot. Since we want to ferment rice, the idea is to leave it overnight at room temperature - ideally in a cool location, which is not too hot.  By next morning, the rice should have fermented - teeming with colonies of healthy bacteria. If you use brown rice...

Is Tandoori roti good for health [NO, it Isn't But I eat soft oil-free wheat tandoori chapatis daily]

Tandoori roti is delicious and quite addictive too, but is it good for your health?Is there something called tandoori roti health risk? Yes and no.  Yes, if you order it outside.  What is tandoori roti made up of? The reason these Indian flatbreads have earned a bad reputation is that they are made with maida or refined flour, which is only empty calories. Then they use dalda or hydrogenated fat to make the roti soft. remember, tandoori roti is an addiction and I am addicted to it but one made at home with wholesome ingredients.  How to make tandoori roti at home At home, making quick tandoori roti on tawa is a breeze!   so here's how I do it to avoid all the health risks associated with restaurant tandoori roti. we can easily make soft atta tandoori roti on tawa too. yes, tandoor cooking is good but maida isn't.  start by adding water to a bowl. throw in methi powder and flaxmeal. You can skip both if you want. but I suggest adding the two ingredients in y...

Soaking turns pumpkin seeds water green | Is it SAFE?

 Pumpkin seeds cause water to develop a green tint mainly because they contain chlorophyll, the natural pigment that gives plants their green color. This phenomenon occurs through several interconnected processes that involve the seed's cellular structure and pigment composition. Raw pumpkin seeds, particularly the hulled green varieties commonly known as pepitas, contain significant amounts of chlorophyll. This is the same compound responsible for photosynthesis in plants and creates the distinctive green appearance in leaves, stems, and other plant tissues. The chlorophyll concentration in pumpkin seeds is naturally high since these seeds develop within the green interior of the pumpkin. When pumpkin seeds are soaked in water, their cellular walls begin to soften and break down gradually. This process allows water molecules to penetrate the seed structure and extract various compounds, including pigments. Although chlorophyll isn't completely water-soluble in its pure chemica...