Skip to main content

Homemade Oatmeal Recipe: Milk Badaam Oatmeal Kulfi


Looking for homemade oatmeal recipes? Of course, you already know the benefits of oats. Isn't it?

You will numerous homemade recipes with oatmeal here, for I love oats, believing their health benefits.

This time I have come up with oatmeal desserts.

Yes, desserts can be healthy. Yay! I have tried a number of healthy dessert recipes that might interest you.

Almonds and pistachios taste equally awesome in desserts. What do you say? I try including these nuts in my sweets and desserts. Ice cream is my favorite or you may call it kulfi in desi jargon. Of course, I do not like chocolate ice cream.

Do you remember I had shared milk badaam oats kulfi earlier? This included raw oats - means in unroasted form.

This time I have chosen to roast oats and feel have got a slightly better result - here's presenting another lip-smacking delight from my healthy kitchen.

Oatmeal dessert is healthy and yet so flavorful. Can't believe? Try this almond-based oatmeal kulfi once.





Ingredients
1 cup- milk (+1 tsp milk)
2 tbsp- milk powder/kulfi mix/almond powder
2 tsp- roasted oats powder
sugar as per your choice (if you are adding kulfi mix and milk powder, then you will need less sugar...I never add extra sugar when I include any of these two ingredients in my kulfi)
Nuts - almonds and pistachios
1 tsp- Rose essence or roofazhaah
Cardamom (elaichi)
1/2 tsp- soaked goond katira (optional)


Goond katira is different from regular Goond, which is used for making ladoos. While the former has cooling properties and is used in refreshing summer drinks and desserts. It works as a laxative as well. Just a small piece is enough to serve the entire family, as it gets swollen upon coming in contact with water. The spongy Katira can then be added to drinks and kulfis to beat the heat.

goond katira


Milk Badaam Kulfi Procedure
milk badaam kulfi

  1. Take milk in a pan. Add elacihi and mix milk powder/kulfi mix/almond powder - whatever you have.
  2. If you have none of these, still it is possible to make this kinda kulfi - simply boil milk and then keep it on a low flame until it reduces to almost 3/4ths.
  3. Now add oats powder in 1 tsp of milk. Mix it with the boiling milk. 
  4. Stir constantly so that it doesn't stick to the base of the vessel.
  5. Next add almonds and pistas.Give it a good mix.
  6. All it to cool. Add goond katira. 
  7. Run the mixture in a food processor.
  8. Next stir in rose essence and freeze for 4-5 hours.
  9. Enjoy after lunch or dinner.
  10. I can have this tantalizing milk badaam oats kulfi any time of the day.

Comments

  1. Can you please explain the use of goond katira, is this the regular goond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goond katira is different from regular Goond, which is used for making ladoos. While the former has cooling properties and is used in refreshing summer drinks and desserts. It works as a laxative as well. Just a small piece is enough to serve the entire family, as it gets swollen upon coming in contact with water. The spongy Katira can then be added to drinks and kulfis to beat the heat.

      Delete
  2. Is rose essence necessary?..any substitute?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is not! However, if you have roofazhaa, you are free to use that. We are used to this kind of kulfi since childhood- when mom would always add rooafzah to milk kulfis. So I wanted to relive those memories with this kulfi twist. You may or may not add rose essence.

      Delete
  3. Going thru your recipes all I can say is I Love you Ravneet 😊😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is Fermented Rice Healthy? How Do You Ferment Rice [Odisha's Pakhala Bhaat Recipe]

 What is the meaning Pakhala bhaat? Is Pakhala good for health? Is fermented rice healthy?  Or in other words, does curd rice have b12? These are some of the questions that have been asked every now and then. So in this video from the Odia cuisine, I present to you Odisha special Pakhala - the ancient Odia tradition of fermenting rice. Now coming back to making Pakhala at home. I dedicate this video to my mother-in-law, who has taught me some simple ways to ferment rice with and without curd.  The idea is to cook rice in water, primarily you will need to boil rice in a lot of water. Drain off excess water and let the rice come to room temperature. Then mix it with curd, salt, and water and store in an earthen clay pot. Since we want to ferment rice, the idea is to leave it overnight at room temperature - ideally in a cool location, which is not too hot.  By next morning, the rice should have fermented - teeming with colonies of healthy bacteria. If you use brown rice...

Is Tandoori roti good for health [NO, it Isn't But I eat soft oil-free wheat tandoori chapatis daily]

Tandoori roti is delicious and quite addictive too, but is it good for your health?Is there something called tandoori roti health risk? Yes and no.  Yes, if you order it outside.  What is tandoori roti made up of? The reason these Indian flatbreads have earned a bad reputation is that they are made with maida or refined flour, which is only empty calories. Then they use dalda or hydrogenated fat to make the roti soft. remember, tandoori roti is an addiction and I am addicted to it but one made at home with wholesome ingredients.  How to make tandoori roti at home At home, making quick tandoori roti on tawa is a breeze!   so here's how I do it to avoid all the health risks associated with restaurant tandoori roti. we can easily make soft atta tandoori roti on tawa too. yes, tandoor cooking is good but maida isn't.  start by adding water to a bowl. throw in methi powder and flaxmeal. You can skip both if you want. but I suggest adding the two ingredients in y...

Soaking turns pumpkin seeds water green | Is it SAFE?

 Pumpkin seeds cause water to develop a green tint mainly because they contain chlorophyll, the natural pigment that gives plants their green color. This phenomenon occurs through several interconnected processes that involve the seed's cellular structure and pigment composition. Raw pumpkin seeds, particularly the hulled green varieties commonly known as pepitas, contain significant amounts of chlorophyll. This is the same compound responsible for photosynthesis in plants and creates the distinctive green appearance in leaves, stems, and other plant tissues. The chlorophyll concentration in pumpkin seeds is naturally high since these seeds develop within the green interior of the pumpkin. When pumpkin seeds are soaked in water, their cellular walls begin to soften and break down gradually. This process allows water molecules to penetrate the seed structure and extract various compounds, including pigments. Although chlorophyll isn't completely water-soluble in its pure chemica...