Skip to main content

Tangy Radish Chutney: No Heating, No Fuss Recipe


tangy radish chutney
Radish chutney? No,I am not kidding. In fact, this term would have certainly sprung a surprise on me a couple of years back when cooking was nowhere in my dreams. Now that I have begun cooking, it isn't a surprise for me.

But the credit for this yummy, tangy radish chutney goes to Vins Raj. I love her food posts that are inspired by her south Indian origin, for I love food from the south. It's yummy in every way.

Slight modification to the original recipe has given my mooli chutney a new color!

Radish is one root vegetable that does not have a huge fan following. But I love mooli in all its forms - from salad to soup, from curry to stir fry, from sambar to chutney.

radish sambar
You will find a number of radish recipe experiments in this website alone. I have already tried mooli sambar, inspired by Chinnis Corner. The sambar came out yummy. I won;t be wrong to say that it was one of the tastiest sambar types I have ever had.

Then I have tried mooli bhajja - a kind of stir fry. Please do give this recipe a try once. Fussy eaters at home would turn mooli lovers. Yes, I can boast this claim!
mooli bhajja


Next comes the turn of another mooli stir fry, which was blended with carrot to produce a lip-smacking bhajja that tasted divine in every form.

Now is the turn of mooli chutney or radish chutney. You have got to try this radish recipe once to prove to the world that mooli tastes yummy!

With no heating, no tempering required, this does make a must-try radish chutney. Are you going to give it a try?

A recap on Radish Benefits before we dig into the recipe:
RADISH BENEFITS

benefits of radish

radish recipes & benefits
tangy mooli chutney recipe

Ingredients
1/2 radish
1 onion
bunch of coriander leaves
1 small piece of tamarind
1 piece of dates (seedless)
black salt
1 green chilly

Procedure

  1. Cut raddish into small pieces.
  2. Chop onion.
  3. Put all the ingredients in a grinder or food processor and run the mixer for 2-3 times until you get a paste.
  4. Enjoy this tasty spicy raddish chutney with rice or roti.
You may be interested in other radish recipes on this website:
radish carrot stir fry

Add caption

Comments

  1. Never tried making radish chutney..will try this for sure Ravneet. Thanks for the share 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll fall for it, Poonam. It's that good!! Go ahead!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is Fermented Rice Healthy? How Do You Ferment Rice [Odisha's Pakhala Bhaat Recipe]

 What is the meaning Pakhala bhaat? Is Pakhala good for health? Is fermented rice healthy?  Or in other words, does curd rice have b12? These are some of the questions that have been asked every now and then. So in this video from the Odia cuisine, I present to you Odisha special Pakhala - the ancient Odia tradition of fermenting rice. Now coming back to making Pakhala at home. I dedicate this video to my mother-in-law, who has taught me some simple ways to ferment rice with and without curd.  The idea is to cook rice in water, primarily you will need to boil rice in a lot of water. Drain off excess water and let the rice come to room temperature. Then mix it with curd, salt, and water and store in an earthen clay pot. Since we want to ferment rice, the idea is to leave it overnight at room temperature - ideally in a cool location, which is not too hot.  By next morning, the rice should have fermented - teeming with colonies of healthy bacteria. If you use brown rice...

Is Tandoori roti good for health [NO, it Isn't But I eat soft oil-free wheat tandoori chapatis daily]

Tandoori roti is delicious and quite addictive too, but is it good for your health?Is there something called tandoori roti health risk? Yes and no.  Yes, if you order it outside.  What is tandoori roti made up of? The reason these Indian flatbreads have earned a bad reputation is that they are made with maida or refined flour, which is only empty calories. Then they use dalda or hydrogenated fat to make the roti soft. remember, tandoori roti is an addiction and I am addicted to it but one made at home with wholesome ingredients.  How to make tandoori roti at home At home, making quick tandoori roti on tawa is a breeze!   so here's how I do it to avoid all the health risks associated with restaurant tandoori roti. we can easily make soft atta tandoori roti on tawa too. yes, tandoor cooking is good but maida isn't.  start by adding water to a bowl. throw in methi powder and flaxmeal. You can skip both if you want. but I suggest adding the two ingredients in y...

Soaking turns pumpkin seeds water green | Is it SAFE?

 Pumpkin seeds cause water to develop a green tint mainly because they contain chlorophyll, the natural pigment that gives plants their green color. This phenomenon occurs through several interconnected processes that involve the seed's cellular structure and pigment composition. Raw pumpkin seeds, particularly the hulled green varieties commonly known as pepitas, contain significant amounts of chlorophyll. This is the same compound responsible for photosynthesis in plants and creates the distinctive green appearance in leaves, stems, and other plant tissues. The chlorophyll concentration in pumpkin seeds is naturally high since these seeds develop within the green interior of the pumpkin. When pumpkin seeds are soaked in water, their cellular walls begin to soften and break down gradually. This process allows water molecules to penetrate the seed structure and extract various compounds, including pigments. Although chlorophyll isn't completely water-soluble in its pure chemica...