Skip to main content

Gluten Free Cookie Bars: Refined Sugarfree, Eggless, Butterless, Oil Free, Vegan Option


I had granola bars on my mind when I started with this project. Gradually as I moved forward, I had to change my mind and decided to bake these bars. The final outcome was something like cookies and a bit like energy bars. Well, let's take the middle path and christen these as cookie bars.
gluten free energy bars cookie bars sugarfree

Hello friends, welcome back.
It's time for yet another healthy recipe.
It's cookie bars today -
cookie bars? you might wonder!
We have tried energy bars, and we have lots of healthy cookie recipes here
I call these cookie bars because I had decided to make gluten-free energy bars, but as I progressed with the recipe, it ended up being a cookie bar -yes, a mix of cookies and bars
So it has the best of both worlds- cookies and bars.
If you love cookies, you will love these.
If you love barks, then cookie bars will steal your heart.
so what are you waiting for?
Let's jump right into the recipe:
gluten free cookie bars sugarfree vegan option




Ingredients



1/2 cup- poha/rice flakes
1/2 cup- almond meal/powder (check the recipe for almond meal here)
1/2 cup-puffed amaranth
1/2 cup- almond butter (check the recipe for homemade almond butter here)
2 tbsp- pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp- melon seeds
3 tbsp- honey/maple syrup for vegan cookie bars

Though I followed a different process and walked through stepwise, I feel it is easier to do it otherwise.
Simply add all the ingredients to a processor/grinder and process for 2 minutes.
Remove on a sheet and roll out like a chapati - four times thicker - but not too thick.
Bake/airfry at 160 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
My airfryer took 30 minutes.
The gluten free cookie bars were still soft when I removed them from the airfryer but crisped up upon cooling.

Enjoy gluten free energy bars or subtly sweet cookie bars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Fermented Rice Healthy? How Do You Ferment Rice [Odisha's Pakhala Bhaat Recipe]

 What is the meaning Pakhala bhaat? Is Pakhala good for health? Is fermented rice healthy?  Or in other words, does curd rice have b12? These are some of the questions that have been asked every now and then. So in this video from the Odia cuisine, I present to you Odisha special Pakhala - the ancient Odia tradition of fermenting rice. Now coming back to making Pakhala at home. I dedicate this video to my mother-in-law, who has taught me some simple ways to ferment rice with and without curd.  The idea is to cook rice in water, primarily you will need to boil rice in a lot of water. Drain off excess water and let the rice come to room temperature. Then mix it with curd, salt, and water and store in an earthen clay pot. Since we want to ferment rice, the idea is to leave it overnight at room temperature - ideally in a cool location, which is not too hot.  By next morning, the rice should have fermented - teeming with colonies of healthy bacteria. If you use brown rice...

Is Tandoori roti good for health [NO, it Isn't But I eat soft oil-free wheat tandoori chapatis daily]

Tandoori roti is delicious and quite addictive too, but is it good for your health?Is there something called tandoori roti health risk? Yes and no.  Yes, if you order it outside.  What is tandoori roti made up of? The reason these Indian flatbreads have earned a bad reputation is that they are made with maida or refined flour, which is only empty calories. Then they use dalda or hydrogenated fat to make the roti soft. remember, tandoori roti is an addiction and I am addicted to it but one made at home with wholesome ingredients.  How to make tandoori roti at home At home, making quick tandoori roti on tawa is a breeze!   so here's how I do it to avoid all the health risks associated with restaurant tandoori roti. we can easily make soft atta tandoori roti on tawa too. yes, tandoor cooking is good but maida isn't.  start by adding water to a bowl. throw in methi powder and flaxmeal. You can skip both if you want. but I suggest adding the two ingredients in y...

Soaking turns pumpkin seeds water green | Is it SAFE?

 Pumpkin seeds cause water to develop a green tint mainly because they contain chlorophyll, the natural pigment that gives plants their green color. This phenomenon occurs through several interconnected processes that involve the seed's cellular structure and pigment composition. Raw pumpkin seeds, particularly the hulled green varieties commonly known as pepitas, contain significant amounts of chlorophyll. This is the same compound responsible for photosynthesis in plants and creates the distinctive green appearance in leaves, stems, and other plant tissues. The chlorophyll concentration in pumpkin seeds is naturally high since these seeds develop within the green interior of the pumpkin. When pumpkin seeds are soaked in water, their cellular walls begin to soften and break down gradually. This process allows water molecules to penetrate the seed structure and extract various compounds, including pigments. Although chlorophyll isn't completely water-soluble in its pure chemica...