Skip to main content

How to make lemon powder at home for baking cooking [homemade lime powder recipe indian]

 This is how I make edible powders at home. I have shared several powders already. It's lemon powder today..lemon peel powder to be precise, which is packed with more vitamin c than the juice itself. So never ever throw that yellow peel, it is flavorful and nutritious.

how to make lemon peel powder at home for cooking

Here's how to make homemade lemon peel powder for baking. Ever since the coronavirus pandemic hit us,we have been talking a lot about immunity-boosting foods. but little do you know that lemon packs a powerful antioxidant punch. There are several ways to include lemon in your diet. Lemonade is just one way. But today, we will not make lemonade, but lemon powder with the peel because the skin of lime and lemon is rich in vitamin c. In fact, it has more vitamin c than the juice itself. If you grow lemon at home (I do), there is no match. You can use the peel fearlessly. But if you do not, you may still use the lemon skin. I have shown how to remove pesticides from orange skin in another video.

After cleaning the skin, you ll need to grate the yellow or green part. Make sure you do not grate the pith or white part, which is v bitter. But you don't need to throw the pith. You may use it to preserve your lemon jelly or jam. I have a video on making lemon jam with Jaggery without artificial preservatives. The jam stays good forever. Mine was as good as fresh for a year until it got over. Do check the video on the channel here

This video has answers to the following questions: How do you make lemon powder for baking? You may either sun dry the lemon peels or dehydrate in airfryer, oven or dehydrator. I also make orange powder, carrot powder, milk powder, beet root powder at home.


How do I make lemon and lemon powder? I have shown how to make lemon peel powder. Instead of turning lemon juice to powder, I prefer to preserve it just like that as ice cubes or as nimbu ka sharbat with jaggery.


How do you make dry lemon powder at home? Sun dry the grated yellow part. But don't forget to cover with a cloth if you keep it in direct sunlight. Else, the sun rays might burn the lemon skin. So cover with a cloth to prevent this. Lemon peel should dry in sunlight within a day or two. Then grind it to powder. You may store the homemade lemon powder in the refrigerator to preserve its aroma and flavor. So what are you waiting for? It's time to pack your diet with vitamin c and antioxidants. Sprinkle lemon powder over salad or add it to your bakes as a flavoring agent.


How do you dry lemons quickly? You may choose to dehydrate the lime or lemon peel in airfryer or oven. Ask me how to in comments. A little sprinkle of lemon powder goes a long way. This is one of the best ways to preserve the peel, apart from making nimbu ka achaar. I always use the waste lemon peel to make khatta meetha nimbu ka achaar. I have also shared how to make lemon dates pickle with peels on the channel. Don't forget to check. I hope you enjoyed the easy process to make lemon powder for cooking at home. Don't forget to hit the like share and subscribe button. Stay safe. Stay blessed.  How to clean pesticides from fruit peel and make orange peel powder for baking, cooking, salad:

How to make lemon curd vegan india:


I blog at mercuryimp.com my insta handle bhalla.rav

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Fermented Rice Healthy? How Do You Ferment Rice [Odisha's Pakhala Bhaat Recipe]

 What is the meaning Pakhala bhaat? Is Pakhala good for health? Is fermented rice healthy?  Or in other words, does curd rice have b12? These are some of the questions that have been asked every now and then. So in this video from the Odia cuisine, I present to you Odisha special Pakhala - the ancient Odia tradition of fermenting rice. Now coming back to making Pakhala at home. I dedicate this video to my mother-in-law, who has taught me some simple ways to ferment rice with and without curd.  The idea is to cook rice in water, primarily you will need to boil rice in a lot of water. Drain off excess water and let the rice come to room temperature. Then mix it with curd, salt, and water and store in an earthen clay pot. Since we want to ferment rice, the idea is to leave it overnight at room temperature - ideally in a cool location, which is not too hot.  By next morning, the rice should have fermented - teeming with colonies of healthy bacteria. If you use brown rice...

Is Tandoori roti good for health [NO, it Isn't But I eat soft oil-free wheat tandoori chapatis daily]

Tandoori roti is delicious and quite addictive too, but is it good for your health?Is there something called tandoori roti health risk? Yes and no.  Yes, if you order it outside.  What is tandoori roti made up of? The reason these Indian flatbreads have earned a bad reputation is that they are made with maida or refined flour, which is only empty calories. Then they use dalda or hydrogenated fat to make the roti soft. remember, tandoori roti is an addiction and I am addicted to it but one made at home with wholesome ingredients.  How to make tandoori roti at home At home, making quick tandoori roti on tawa is a breeze!   so here's how I do it to avoid all the health risks associated with restaurant tandoori roti. we can easily make soft atta tandoori roti on tawa too. yes, tandoor cooking is good but maida isn't.  start by adding water to a bowl. throw in methi powder and flaxmeal. You can skip both if you want. but I suggest adding the two ingredients in y...

Soaking turns pumpkin seeds water green | Is it SAFE?

 Pumpkin seeds cause water to develop a green tint mainly because they contain chlorophyll, the natural pigment that gives plants their green color. This phenomenon occurs through several interconnected processes that involve the seed's cellular structure and pigment composition. Raw pumpkin seeds, particularly the hulled green varieties commonly known as pepitas, contain significant amounts of chlorophyll. This is the same compound responsible for photosynthesis in plants and creates the distinctive green appearance in leaves, stems, and other plant tissues. The chlorophyll concentration in pumpkin seeds is naturally high since these seeds develop within the green interior of the pumpkin. When pumpkin seeds are soaked in water, their cellular walls begin to soften and break down gradually. This process allows water molecules to penetrate the seed structure and extract various compounds, including pigments. Although chlorophyll isn't completely water-soluble in its pure chemica...